The quilt hangs with three tabs and a piece of painted bamboo that I got from a friend who has a bamboo forest in his yard. I wanted to make a banner shaped piece since that is a new trend and I haven't really done that yet. So this is how it took shape.
The bamboo was painted and then I sprayed it with acrylic sealer. It has a nice finish to it.
This pictures shows the colors from the ice dying and then the marbling over the top. It is a fascinating process.
The center panel is separate from the backing and I mounted it on some hand dyed chartreuse fabric to give it some punch. I think the chartreuse really makes the piece pop off the background.
One final shot of the ice dyed fabric. The more complex the cloth is to begin with, the better I like the layer of marbling. As you can see I didn't have to do a lot of quilting because there was so much movement in the piece already.
Thanks for stopping by and feel free to leave a comment. Happy quilting out there!